If you’re looking for something that is comfortable and sophisticated at the same time, check out what Elle calls the “more sophisticated cousin of the ballet flat”…Elle breaks it down into three categories: Demure Darks, Prints & Patterns, and Bold Brights.
Here are a couple from each category!
1. Valentino Studded Belgian Loafers
2. Prada Patent Leather Smoking Slippers
Prints & Patterns
1. Belle by Sigerson Morrison Aztec Print Flats
2. YSL Metallic Cap-Toe Leopard-Print Calf Hair Loafers
1. Manolo Blahnik Sharifac Perforated Loafers
According Elle Decor, designers Laura Kirar and Vincenzo Avanzato believe Lucite furniture is a great way to add “a hint of luminescence” and also maintains to take “less visual space”. Lucite-material furniture also seems to have a more modern-esque appearance which may be something you’d like to look into if that is what you’re looking for at your home space.
Here are a couple of Lucite pieces to look into:
1. Santorini Chair by Dragonette LTD
2. Double Alexander Table by White Webb from Donghia
3. Sam Table by Liz O’Brien
4. King George Table by Plexi-Craft
5. Stickley Cocktail Table by Spectrum West
6. Sundial Bookcase by Nendo for Kartell
NYC can be difficult to bear during these hotter temperatures. Vogue lists ways to “chill out” during the summer, and so here are a couple I thought you’d enjoy!
1. EAT Coolhaus artisan ice cream sandwiches
2. LISTEN to Frank Ocean’s Sweet Life
3. SIP summer cocktails at SoHo’s Cafe Kristall
4. PLAY at the Central Park Zoo’s Polar Circle
5. CHILL at B-OUT to view new, cool art and installation pieces
Need a classy gift for the men in your life in any occasion? According to Fashionologie, why not try a couple of these gifts? Check it out! (Originally for Father’s Day, but can work for other occasions as well)
1. Parka Jacket
2. Leather iPad 2 Case
3. Cufflinks (ex. Dunhill)
5. Monogram Card Set
6. Laptop Case
7. Razer, Hair Shave Brush, Shave Brush Stand (ex. Baxter of California)
8. Polarized Sunglasses
9. Woven Leather Bi-Fold (ex. Jack Spade)
10. Knit Silk Tie
11. Cashmere Sweater
12. Belt (ex. W. Kleinberg)
14. Suitcase (ex. Globe-Trotter)
15. Lighter (ex. Davidoff)
16. Grooming Kit
17. Small Duffel Bag (ex. Lotuff Leather)
20. Phaidon Books (ex. “Damn Good Advice (For People With Talent!)”)
A blog on fashionable children called George & Ruby was launched by Oscar de la Renta’s very own VP of Creative, Marissa Kraxberger. I thought this would be interesting for any person who is still highly involved with fashion and who is also a parent. Why not mix the two worlds and see it all in a blog? Take the time to check it out really quick! Awesome pictures!
According to Elle, flat sandals are something new to watch for…especially in this nice summer heat! Here are some of the flat sandals found on Elle’s slideshow that I found to be quite nifty. What do you think?
2.) Sergio Rossi
3.) Loeffler Randall
6.) Guiseppe Zanotti
7.) K. Jacques
8.) Reed Krakoff
9.) Woman by Common Projects
Here are a few pictures a snagged from Elle’s “Street Chic: Paris Fall 2012 Couture” slideshow. Some interesting looks I thought you’d find interesting! Take a look!
Just checking up on Vogue and spotted a link that directed me to Vogue’s preferences in attire accessories for a summer weddings. I actually thought this would be useful, and Vogue even touched up on a couple different wedding types. Check it out!
1.) “Bohemian Rhapsody”
2.) “Modern Minimalism”
3.) “Ranch Rustic”
4.) “Hipster Blowout”
5.) “Garden Party”
6.) “City Ceremony”
7.) “Traditional Classic”
8.) “Preppy Party”
9.) “Rebel Revel”
10.) “Seaside Affair”
The nights I go out to the city, I think of a little accessory to finish up my look. And what is better than a mini bag or a clutch purse? A little something that is embellished and can carry your belongings for the night! With that said, how do you guys feel about these designer evening bags spotted on Elle?
1.) Crystal-embellished brass clutch, Louis Vuitton
2.) Baby Night Swarovski clutch, Balmain
3.) Sequin-embellished bag, Gap
4.) Patent leather bag, Talbots
5.) Beaded silk clutch, Club Monaco
6.) Calf-hair bag, White House | Black Market